CARBOREX® silicon carbide (SiC) is a material with many excellent properties like high hardness and wear resistance, low specific density, an outstanding chemical inertness even at elevated temperatures, high thermal conductivity, low thermal expansion and good shock resistance.
- organic and vitrified grinding wheels for grinding hard or brittle materials such as cast iron, ceramics, and glass
- grinding low tensile strength, ductile, non-ferrous metals and is available with a silane surface treatment
- Abrasives (bonded, coated, lapping, wire sawing)
- Technical ceramics
- Filtration/Membranes (diesel particulate filters, liquid/gas filters)
- Friction elements (brake discs/pads)
- Wear- and heat resistance parts (seal-/bearings, burner nozzles, kiln furniture, coating)
- Semiconductor components
- Metal matrix composites
- Fuel Cells
- Lightning Arrestors
- Additive Manufacturing - 3-D printing
- Vacuum insulated panels
- SiC-Crystal growth
Looking for more information?
To find out more about our products, please contact us today. A Washington Mills representative will get back to you within 24 business hours to assist.