EMERUNDUM is produced from naturally occurring Emery ore that is rich in aluminum oxide. Mineralogically, Emery is an intimate mix of corundum and magnetite. Corundum is a natural form of aluminum oxide. It is this percentage of aluminum oxide in Emery which makes EMERUNDUM so extremely hard, tough, and fracture resistant. EMERUNDUM is crushed only from specially selected abrasive Emery ore that contains not less than 58% aluminum oxide.
- Paper and cloth applications.
- Buffering compounds, particularly chrome plate.
- Loose abrasive in ball grinders.
- Durable aggregate.
- Hardener and anti-slip agent in concrete floors and surfaces.
- Resin floor coatings.
- Stair treads and wear resistant surfaces.
Looking for more information?
To find out more about our products, please contact us today. A Washington Mills representative will get back to you within 24 business hours to assist.