Analytical Testing Services
Total and Free Carbon
- Washington Mills tests for total Carbon using our Leco C-200 Carbon Analyzer for various products including silicon carbide. Free Carbon testing is done using the combustion method for silicon carbide samples.
- Our laboratory tests for SiO2 and free Si in silicon carbide as well as leachable iron in various products.
Total and Free Boron, B2O3 (Boron Carbide)
- Boron carbide samples are tested for total Boron, free Boron, and B2O3 by extraction/titrimetry.
- Moisture content in various samples is tested using a drying oven.
Loss or gain on ignition
- A muffle furnace is used to test for loss or gain on ignition.
- Our capabilities include crushing, grinding and/or pulverizing lab-size samples of products using a jaw crusher, a cone mill, and an air hammer in our sample preparation laboratory. Our trained laboratory technicians can perform magnetic separation for various lab-size samples in our sample preparation lab.
Contact A Laboratory Technician
Washington Mills employs highly qualified laboratory technicians with a vast knowledge of in-organic materials.