Washington Mills distributes, Sodium Hexafluoro aluminate (Na3AIF6), known as Cryolite. Cryolite is offered in two sizes; Cryolite Powder or Cryolite U/F. It is a synthetic mineral that closely approximates the performance of natural Greenland cryolite and is used as an active filler in grinding wheels.
- Cryolite Powder is approximately 50% 8-20 microns.
- Cryolite U/F is approximately 50% 12-24 microns.
- Automotive- for use in brake pad linings.
- Bonded Abrasives- active filler in resin bonded grinding wheels.
- Enamel and Glass Frits- a flux and opacifying agent.
- Aluminum/Metallurgy- component of fluxing agent, protective and refining salts.
- Blasting and Pyrotechnics- for fireworks.
- Production of welding agents- component of welding rod coatings and welding powders
- Production of soldering agents- component of fluxing agents