Washington Mills offers X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) analysis through a fully automated wavelength dispersive x-ray spectrometer. Our laboratory technicians are skilled at XRF analysis and our XRF instrument is equipped to determine most elements on the periodic table. Our XRF services are competitively priced and we can provide a quick turn-around for your samples.
X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Applications
Our skilled XRF technicians perform chemical or elemental analysis for a wide range of materials including:
X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Capabilities
- Special x-ray tube and optics to provide high sensitivity for light to heavy elements. Highly stable electronics allow extremely reproducible analyses.
- Computer with up-to-date software for fast data processing and on-line interference correction. Operator has a choice of empirical calibration/correction models or optional fundamental parameters model, which allows accurate analysis of materials with a single calibration standard which need not match the unknown.
- Automated elemental analyses are possible on a variety of materials including cement, glass, ceramics, ores, rocks and clays.
- Samples are prepared for analysis using borate fusion and pressed pellet techniques. • Semi-quantitative analysis can be performed to estimate the concentration of elements present.
- Quantitative analysis can be performed to precisely measure specific elements. Analysis capability extends from approximately 0.01% for many elements to 100%. Our automation allows for very cost-efficient repetitive analysis.
Contact A Laboratory Technician
Want to know what elements are present in your material? Please contact us to learn more about our XRF capabilities.